"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Saturday, October 01, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog...

...daily, that is. I recently found out about NaBloPoMo, which stands for National Blog Posting Month, and the challenge is to write a blog entry every day. A couple of friends who have cool blogs have joined in, and so I'm contemplating whether I want to do the same. The rules are simple: "Post something every day for a month. That's all you have to do." And the theme for October is "Between," which sounds magickal and right up my alley. So what's a cat to do?

The pros: I've done something like this before, a couple years ago, with BlackLion, and it was fun. I already write every day, so sharing some of that with the world would be valuable, and more practice is always good. I recently read that in order to master something, you need to put in 10,000 hours. I've probably done that with journal writing, but certainly not (yet) with blogging as a specific art form. The writing prompts provided on the NaBloPoMo website look intriguing. It would get me posting more often, and probably taking photos more often, too.

The cons: Just one, really: posting EVERY day. No matter how busy I get. Eeek!

Well, I'll continue to contemplate, and keep posting. Nothing to lose! Either way I'm writing more and connecting with you, my Dear Readers!

No comments: