"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Friday, September 30, 2011

Cake of the Month: September

The cake for September was for a family potluck brunch. ElvenTiger and I made it together. We chose a recipe from an adorable cookbook, "The Redwall Cookbook" by Brian Jacques and Christopher Denise. It's based on the Redwall series, which if you haven't read them are wonderful kids' books with talking animals, spirited adventures, and of course descriptions of delicious feasts. This recipe is "Squirrelmum's Blackberry and Apple Cake." It was delicious! Perfect for brunch.


I'm so happy to be caught up on all my cake posts. What's up for October? I imagine some kind of holiday cake will be in order...perhaps with pumpkin. Also, I'm taking an adult-ed workshop on cake decorating, so I'll be posting about that experience as well. Happy Autumn!

No comments: