As I write this, Merlin cat is snuggling on my lap and purring. He seems to be feeling much better, and is back to his normal schedule of spending lots of time outdoors, especially during the run of warmer weather we've been having. He does enjoy more snuggles and Reiki than he did prior to his injury, which we're not complaining about at all - cat snuggles are awesome! I'm so very thankful that he's healed and well. I'm thankful for his sweet brother Percy, too.
This led me to wanting to share some of the other things I'm thankful for. I'll just list a few - really, there are so many that it would take me a long time to write them all. I'm so blessed!
- My book contract. Yes indeed, I'm going to be a published author! My book, Starcat's Corner: Essays on Pagan Living will be published this year, most likely by autumn. I'm so thrilled! Being a published author has been a lifelong dream of mine. And it looks like this will be just the first of many books!
- My amazing family and friends. Some of them threw me a "congratulations" bonfire party on Friday night. I had lots of fun! Others have been sending me e-mails and texts and notes on my Facebook page, to congratulate me on my forthcoming book. And even aside from that, I'm grateful for the daily love and support that flows to me from my loved ones. They are so terrific!
- My band. The Dark Follies Rhythm Orchestra has expanded to include some melodic instruments (fiddle and accordion). We've been rehearsing all fall and winter, and we're going to debut our new sound in a couple of weeks. It's so much fun to be part of the band, and the Dark Follies troupe as a whole! We have a bunch of gigs coming up this spring and summer. I'm thankful for the joy, learning, and travel that come from my participation.
- Life Rocks! Beyond the fact that my life does, indeed, rock, I'm also going to a conference of that name next week. The Life Rocks! Radical Unschooling Conference is going to be such an uplifting and fun experience! I'm glad to be part of it, and to be, along with BlackLion, one of the presenters. We'll be doing a session based on empowering your intentions. We're also offering some coaching sessions during the conference, as well as attending a lot of the awesome events. Plus there's a freaking waterpark in the hotel! I'm so grateful to be going this year!
- I'm also thankful for the challenges in my life. I was talking with an old friend on the phone today, and he was describing a different way to use prayer. Instead of praying to the Divine to intervene and help you solve your problems, the method he'd encountered recently was to realize that the challenges you face are there to help you grow. So when you pray, you ask for patience, courage, and strength to face the challenges in your path. It makes sense to me. Those things that I haven't yet figured out encompass some of the biggest opportunities to learn and grow and move forward on my path. My thanks.
What are you thankful for today?