"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Friday, April 13, 2012

This Week

Well, hello there! I've been away from blogging for a couple of weeks, which included our amazing journey to the Life Rocks! Radical Unschooling conference. That was a very joyful, uplifting experience, and I plan to post more about it, and about some of the new ideas that inspired me while I was there. But this post is about this week in particular.

It was a busy one, and there were three things that I was primarily focused on. A past version of me might have said they were things I was feeling nervous about, but instead I'll just say that I wanted to make sure they went well. Here they are, in chronological order (although this means the order of importance is reversed).

The first one was running the audio board for a live call-in show on my local public radio station. I worked full-time for the station for 16 years, and then in 2008 I left to pursue my passions (unschooling, writing, creating my own business, and more). Just recently I've started doing some occasional work for them, filling in for other folks. They moved into a new studio, with all new equipment, so I've had to learn the new systems. It's a fun intellectual challenge, and my most recent test was to make sure things went well during my first time helping with the call-in show. And it was fine!

Next was the Dark Follies gig we had this week. We've been practicing all winter to come together as a musical ensemble, and the show went very well! I feel like I'm learning so much by playing with the group, and my drumming has improved. We have many more gigs this spring and summer, so it will continue to get better and better! I'm excited about learning some more new tunes. Here's a picture of BlackLion and I after the gig, taken by my Mom.


Finally, and most important, my beloved Aunt got some good news today at her doctor visit. Her health is her business, so I won't share in detail, but she's been going through a long healing process since Christmas Eve, and I'm delighted to say that things are very positive. I've been including her in my daily visualization practice, and I hope that and the Reiki have helped boost her healing energies.

I'm so happy and thankful for such a successful week! And now this introvert gets to rest and recharge. I'm curled up with Percy cat, the laptop, and jazz on the radio, and enjoying the chill time.

No comments: