"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Friday, September 30, 2011

Cake(s) of the Month: August

Still doing some catch-up on posting about my cake project. August is a very big birthday month for us, so yes, there were cakes! I didn't make one for BlackLion, as he preferred to have homemade cherry chocolate-chip ice cream. It was yummy, but didn't last long enough for a photo.

Dryst wanted a lemon cake for his 15th birthday, so I was happy to oblige.


For Mom and Aunt Peg, I made a dragonfly cake as a surprise (chocolate, of course). They liked it! They shared a birthday celebration with Dryst, and I was amused that I used the kids' cake decorating book for their cake, rather than Dryst's. They're young at heart.


And our friend Nate got a chocolate bundt cake with icing (he doesn't like frosting - imagine that! I'm a bit of a frosting addict, myself).


There you have it, cakes for August! I'll add the September cake and will be all caught up, just in time for the new month.

No comments: