"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Bucket List

Over on A Journey of Joy, the second writing prompt has been posted. So this week I'm sharing my "bucket list." If you don't know what that is, it's a list of things you'd love to do before you die (i.e. "kick the bucket").

Some of these I've had for a while, on a list I'd tucked away and sort of forgotten about until I read this prompt. Others I've added just this week, as I pondered about the list. I looked at some other folks' lists online, and some of them were really long. I decided to keep mine to 25, which seems ambitious enough yet do-able. I notice a lot of mine have to do with travel, which I haven't done much of yet outside the U.S. and Canada. Without further ado, here's my list:

1. go sailing
2. hike the Appalachian Trail
3. write and publish several books
4. visit the British Isles
5. get my Masters degree
6. get my Doctorate degree
7. visit San Francisco
8. go on a silent meditation retreat
9. win something great
10. go to Africa
11. go on a train trip with my Mom and Aunt Peg
12. build an addition on the house using green technology
13. learn to ski well
14. get all our electricity from solar panels
15. teach a class I've designed
16. take a cooking tour of France and Italy
17. be a major donor to my favorite charities
18. be a certified yoga teacher
19. take a scrapbooking class
20. learn astral projection
21. pay for my kids to go to college (if they want to)
22. take a drumming class or lessons
23. own a bookstore and cafe
24. produce the majority of my own food and/or buy it at local farms
25. take a cruise

4 comments:

Nova said...

25 is a GREAT number! And we have so much in common :)) This sounds so wonderful, and thank you for inspiring me to formally put something like this together :)) I have bits and pieces all over, but how motivating to have it all neat and tidy right there :)) Good stuff!!

Nikki Starcat Shields said...

Thanks for the comments! I've been enjoying all your blog posts lately, and I think we do have a lot in common. I had fun making the list - enjoy yours! Blessings :)

Nova said...

I have been drowning my blog in new posts! Lol I am glad to simplify it all though so I can focus more wholly on a few, like your's :)) I love connecting, leaving comments, and coming back to see if more conversation has taken place :) Before, it was all too much to keep up with <3

Wendy said...

I like number 23. That's always been a dream of mine, too - I mean, what's better than sitting with a hot cup of tea and a good book?