"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Monday, August 13, 2012

Starcat's Favorites: Life and Death

My husband Quester's Dad passed away this weekend. He'd been ill for much of the spring and summer, and so we got to visit him several times (he lived 3 hours away from us). Quester and his siblings had a chance to say their goodbyes, but of course it is still a hard thing. I'd known his Dad since I was a freshman in college, which was when Quester and I first started dating. I'm glad I got to say my fond farewells to him too, and to hold space for Quester and his older sister as they went through the process of letting go. Life is such a mixture of joys and sorrows, love and loss. I'm grateful for all of it, and for the words of wisdom that we humans share along the way. Here are a few for your perusal this week. Blessings!

The thing is, we really don't know exactly how things are going to turn out. And it's okay.

I agree with much of this sweet manifesto. Even if you don't resonate with everything on it, it might inspire you to create your own list.

Loved this wisdom on how to reframe when things aren't going your way.

This poem might bring a sigh, or even a tear. Truly lovely.

I've been doing a lot of drumming lately. This article about the healing powers of rhythm is excellent!

If you're an artist or creator in any way, check out this TED talk. Fantastic.

Maybe you're feeling ready to add some adventure to your life. Here are some new tools that can help! I love her website, too.

No comments: