"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Giving Myself a Boost

My back is feeling much better, thanks for asking! The all-natural cure included time, gentle yoga, rest, Reiki, heat and cold, and swimming. ElvenTiger gave me a great massage, too. She's got the healing touch, for certain. I'm really enjoying July thus far. I overdid it in June - I just had too much running around to do and too many events. It was fun, but simply too much. July is proceeding at a much more enjoyable pace. I'm resting, and healing (on several levels).

That's not to say I'm completely in vacation mode. I'm actually very excited about having stretches of time to work on my writing and other creative projects. And being a Virgo, I love to plan and organize. I've been intrigued by a writing challenge that one of my online friends is involved in. It's called A Round of Words in 80 Days. I was thinking of joining, but I just missed this particular round (which started July 1st), so I'm going to wait and see if I feel like leaping in this fall.

In the meantime, I just started reading The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, and immediately fell in love with the whole idea. The daily journal-writing practice that I already do is adapted from this book, and the whole thing is a 12-week course on writing and spirituality, two of my favorite things! I'm in.

I think it'll give me a boost and open up my creative channels even more. It'll also help me with prioritizing my creativity. Often I get caught up in the cycle of the kids' activities, housework, cooking, outdoor fun, my part-time money-making gigs, etc. and find my craft on the back burner. I want to bump it higher up on the daily priority list. So be it!

No comments: