"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cake of the Month: May

We wanted to use my new stand mixer, so ElvenTiger and I offered to make dessert for Monday night. Every Monday (well, most every Monday) we go over to my parents' house for dinner and dessert, and then watch Dancing with the Stars together (or a movie, if the show's not on). It's a lot of fun, and we try to come up with delicious and interesting foods to share with each other - which can be a creative challenge because my immediate family is vegetarian, my parents are not, and Dad has to eat a special diet.

So anyway, ElvenTiger and I decided to come up with the May Cake of the Month, and we did! We started with the premise of using cinnamon. It developed into this, the Cinnamon Bundt Cake! It's not a very original name, I realize. Let me know if you have any better ideas.


I wrote down the cake recipe if you want it (on paper this time, so it won't be lost in the electronic wasteland). For the icing, we used the leftover ganache that we still had in the fridge from the giant cupcake, and topped that with a mixture of cinnamon and powdered sugar. It came out good, and apparently it was yummy, because two days later, it's all gone! Here's ElvenTiger, my co-chef, with our creation.

No comments: