"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Tarot Tracking

Each morning I do a three-card Tarot reading for the day. I write down the day's cards and events, and keep track of how many of each card I draw over time, noting them in the back of my Tarot journal. At the end of the calendar year, I like to return to the cards I drew most often, and evaluate what they meant for me that year.

Here are my significant cards for 2009:

1. The Lovers: combining elements of head and heart, relationships mirroring my own self-image and self-worth, cooperation, balancing and integrating masculine and feminine characteristics, taking responsibility for my choices and their results

2. Queen of wands: (queens reflect inner personal control) using my creative energies, a quick temper, generosity, the love of happiness, recognizing my potential

3. 6 of cups: (sixes are about sharing, generosity, and expression) memories of the past, friendship, exchanges, children

4. Knave of swords: (knaves are catalysts, taking risks, the need for study) cutting through depression, starting new projects, seeking truth, taking risks with communications, facing fears

5. Knight of swords: (knights mean action, purpose, challenge) communication, speaking out, impatience with a perceived lack of progress, committed to ideas

6. 2 of pentacles: (twos are duality, balance, change) adaptability, change, multi-tasking, juggling many things in order to stay stable

7. Knave of pentacles: using knowledge, seeking security, focused on health, reliable but stubborn

8. King of pentacles: (kings are concerned with mastery, authority, power, and being limited by one's own rules) established roles, being practical, concern with security and quality, being slow to change, material well-being

There's a lot of Earth here (pentacles), and Air (swords) too. Money concerns and financial worries were a big part of my life this year. I've had to face a lot of old fears in that area. I've also been exploring balance and duality. My role as the at-home parent became more stable than before. Yet I'm still struggling a bit with what that looks like, and I've often been stubborn and impatient with the perceived lack of the changes I desire.

As always, friends and family have been a significant part of my life. I'm so thankful for all of you! We are co-creating an amazing community.

I've been recognizing my potential as a writer and slowly gearing up to fulfill it. This year I've been more open with my communication, particularly through this blog. I've opened up to share who I am, what I've learned, and what is of value to me. I've started a bunch of new creative projects.

There's been a lot to juggle as I seek a balance of stability and creativity in my life. I've learned the value of seeking my own truth and happiness, and how to better balance my heart wisdom with my mental knowledge. The other lesson I'm still working on, reflected in these cards, has to do with letting go of the unhealthy aspects of "control." That could be the topic of a whole other blog entry!

All in all, it was quite a challenging year for me. I learned a lot, and I feel that I'm moving forward into 2010 from a strong foundation. I'm glad I have the Tarot cards as one of the tools I use to learn more about myself.

No comments: