"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Starcat's Ten Best Books of 2011

As promised on this week's episode of the PawedCats Podcast, here is my list of the ten best books I read in 2011. These are my favorites out of the 51 books I read last year. Please note, these aren't necessarily books that came out in 2011, just my favorites of the ones I read. They are listed in no particular order. If you'd like more information, check out the podcast!

Shadowheart: Volume Four of Shadowmarch by Tad Williams

Active Dreaming: Journeying Beyond Self-Limitation to a Life of Wild Freedom by Robert Moss

The Wise Heart: A Guide to the Universal Teachings of Buddhist Psychology by Jack Kornfield

My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud'Homme

The Pleiadian Agenda: A New Cosmology for the Age of Light by Barbara Hand Clow

Radical Homemakers: Reclaiming Domesticity from a Consumer Culture by Shannon Hayes

The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education by Grace Llewellyn

Another Green World by Richard Grant

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver

2 comments:

dreaming in maine said...

I like your list! My favorite has to be Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. It sits next to Seed To Seed right on my bedroom bookshelf (as opposed to the less-frequented 'Family' bookshelf in the hallway).

For me, connecting to the earth through gardening (and other homesteading activities) is the basis for my beliefs, and the springboard from which I develop and express my spritual side.

Heather said...

Thank you for sharing your list, I always love to get ideas for reading material. I so enjoyed Radical Homemakers as well - wonderful book.