"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Sunday, December 04, 2011

Making Holiday Cards

Yesterday ElvenTiger and I went to my Mom's to make holiday cards together. In the spirit of the Saturday's Artist project on the Ordinary Life Magic blog, I thought I'd share some pictures of the results. Yes, I realize it's Sunday so I'm a day late, but that's just the way I am. And the actual crafting was done on Saturday, so maybe that counts!

Mom and Aunt Peg have gathered a wonderful collection of stamps and papers and cutting tools and ink and all kinds of other terrific stuff. I'm so glad they're happy to share it with us. We were laughing about Mom needing to add on a whole new room in her house just for card-making supplies!

Here's a sampling of the cards ElvenTiger and I made together. I apologize for the not-so-good photo quality. My camera needs a new battery, and the one I was using (BlackLion's) isn't as familiar to me.

First a couple of Winter Solstice cards. I love this one, although the photo doesn't really do it justice. To get the sparkly effect, we stamped and then embossed.


For this one, we created the 8-pointed star using origami paper and a technique a new friend just taught us.


Here's a Christmas card we made using the embossing technique, stamps and some ribbon.


My Mom got a cool new jingle bell punch. I wish I had photos of some of the great cards she's been making with it! Here's a holiday card I made with it.


And finally, here's me having some fun with a more contemporary look and a snowflake punch.


Making cards is so much fun, and an awesome way to get your creativity flowing. It was especially joyful hanging out with Mom and ElvenTiger, and enjoying a yummy lunch break (make-your-own sub sandwiches, salt and vinegar Kettle chips, and sugar-free apple tart for dessert) in the middle of our day of crafting.

No comments: