"The flow of creativity feels like an avalanche of joy and wonder. Being open to that possibility creates connections with everything." - Feline Dreamers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Course of Study

I'm doing an impromptu course of study, mostly of Buddhism but also other systems of examining the mind and emotions. I've mentioned here how I enjoy reading epic fantasy and other types of fiction. But I usually also have some kind of non-fiction, usually spiritual, book going as well. The last three that I've read have had a huge impact on my life and spiritual journey. They offer philosophy that resonates with me, backed up with super-useful practical tools to use in my daily life.

BlackLion has joined me in this latest venture, perhaps because it's spontaneous rather than planned. He says it's helping him a lot with his grieving process. Tonight I announced with a smile that the next book in our study is the one I'm reading now (by Jack Kornfield), and held it up. Quester looked a bit confused, and asked who we were doing the spiritual book club with, and I laughed and explained that it wasn't really a book club, just serendipity.

Here is the book list thus far, in case you're curious. I recommend all three of them highly!

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle
Taking the Leap: Freeing Ourselves from Old Habits and Fears by Pema Chodron
The Wise Heart: A Guide to the Universal Teachings of Buddhist Psychology by Jack Kornfield

1 comment:

Laeli said...

Duly noted and on my book list,thanks!
I love books of that genre.
I've recently seen this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Four-Agreements-Practical-Personal-Freedom/dp/1878424505?ie=UTF8&tag=aglfrvemowhkn-20&link_code=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969
All over the place, so I figured I'd better add it to my list too.

I love it when the Universe is trying to tell me something:)